So I have just spent the entire week working on an essay for psychology and I have worn all my lil brain cells out and so I can only give this iffy little post with yet more useless facts. Enjoy 🙂
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
- In France, there’s a place called Y.
- One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television at least once in their life.
- In ancient Rome, when a man testified in court he would swear on his testicles.
- Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every 2 weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
- The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; ‘7’ was selected after the original 7-ounce containers and ‘UP’ for the direction of the bubbles.
- 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don’t die throughout the movie.
- Reindeer like to eat bananas.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
- Possums don’t play dead, they literally faint from terror.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- In 1912 a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.
- More than 30% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
- Termites have been known to eat food twice as fast when heavy metal music is playing.